Sunday, November 9, 2008

Cheap ways to lift weights

You don't need a gym membership or fancy equipment to get toned muscles. You can get that work out without feeling like your working out or spending a lot of money. Here are some easy ways to get buff.

When going for a walk, working out to a video or just watching TV, grab cans of food from your cupboard. Do reps with them just like you would with regular dumbbells. When you want more weight, use bigger cans, or take old milk jugs and fill them with either water, beans or rice to add extra weight. Change positions to pinpoint all areas of your body.

One thing I like to do, and my daughter loves, is to lay on the ground flat on my back and bench press her into the air multiple times. I will also have her sit on the tops of my feet while I lay on my back. I lift my feet in the air with her on them as I do a crunchie and make faces at her. It's a great leg workout and she thinks it's a fun ride.

No comments: