Sunday, June 7, 2009

What to do with old cookie sheets

Here is an idea for what to do with an old cookie sheet. Mine were rusty and it was time for them to die. But since I can't just let things go I had to find a new use for it.

I made this one into a Christmas countdown calendar. I just painted the old cookie sheet red and glued on paper to create the design I wanted. I used mod podge over the whole thing to seal it up. The scalloped square is just a piece of chipboard I had laying around in my scrapbook supply box, I painted and decorated it and glued magnets (I used advertisement magnets that I cut up) to the back. This part moves from day to day. The last two days are glass magnets that I made (using cut outs from magazines), one with Santa and one with Jesus.
You don't have to just make advent calendars. Since they are magnetic you can create a message board, a picture keeper, a place to display your child's art for the day, a weekly meal schedule, etc. The options are only limited to your imagination.

3 comments:

Mindi said...

You are awesome! I love this blog. Thanks for updating!

Emilie said...

This is my first time reading your blog, and I am already so inspired and excited! Thanks for sharing your great ideas!

Freckled Mom said...

cool idea!